COVID-19 Stay at Home Day 9: Souffle Egg Omelette Garlic Chives Recipe


RRRIIINNNNNNGGGGG!!!!! The fire alarm went off in large apartment block nearby. Residents started evacuating the building. It was a very interesting sight watching hundreds of people trying to practice social distancing while being evacuated! In the news, a nursing home was evacuated due to a fire as well. Social distancing was very challenging in that situation too.

While during this challenging times, social distancing is so important. It also helps to reduces risk of the spread of disease in situations of emergency when social distancing is a challenge. Staying at home is vital. I've been practicing this question whenever I want to go out. Can I do what I want to do outside from my home?

Shopping. Mostly can be done online.
Exercising. Challenging, but not impossible to do at home.
Getting sunshine and fresh air. The balcony is an amazing place to be!
Work. Yep, I'm fortunate to be set up at my desk.
Play. Defintely have more than enough online games to play socially with friends.
Watch. Love going to the concert hall, but watching videos now is a trade off.

So do try asking yourself this when you want to go out. "Can I do what I want to do outside from my home?"

It's time for some experimental food today. I definetly need more practice to get this recipe improved. Mine got slightly burnt. >.< But this is a yummy version of fluffy eggs! 

Souffle Egg Omelette with Garlic Chives


Ingredients

6 eggs - white and yolk separated
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 bunch garlic chives chopped up to 1 inch pieces
Oil to grease pan


Method

1) Using an electric beater, whisk up the egg whites with the sugar till stiff peaks form.
2) In another bowl, beat the egg yolks with 1 teaspoon of salt.
3) Slowly add in half of the egg yolks into the egg white mixture, folding the mixture carefully. 
4) Repeat step 3 with the remainder of the egg yolks.
5) Heat up a frying pan with oil.
6) Add the garlic chives into the pan and fry for 30 seconds.
7) Spread the chives out evenly on the pan.
8) Turn the heat down to the lowest setting.
9) Add in the egg mixture and spread in the pan evenly.
10) Cover the pan with a lid for 3 minutes.
11) Turn off the flame and keep the lid on for another 3 minutes.
Done! This dish is great to be served with rice.

To subscribe to my blog, please Like on our Facebook page.
To support my blog, please click on one of my sponsor's advertised links :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Stay at Home Day 8: Tomato noodles with seared pork, tofu and vegetables recipe

COVID-19 Stay at Home Day 10: Garlic Oil Speghetti with Chicken