COVID-19 Stay at Home Day 7: Crispy Rice Cakes Recipe

Hey guys! Just sharing a quick analogy about numbers and COVID-19 and why you should avoid the disease before I post my recipe of the day.

Imagine you have a packet of M&Ms with 100 little chocolates in it. Now you're being told between 2-6 pieces in that packet has cyanide in it, and there are a few that will give you violent diahorrea what would you do? 
1) Throw the whole packet away
2) Eat it cause I won't die from diahorrea
3) Eat it cause what's the risk of dying, it's just 2-6%?!
4) Eat it and share it with all your friends and family and even your doggy!

Personally, the most logical answer for me is to throw the whole packet away. It's the same reason why I'm staying at home to help stop the spread of COVID-19. I guess it's really food for thought!

That said, here's my recipe for today! I've had some leftover rice from last night and NO WAY, not wasting any rice as it's super hard to find rice out there. I've turn my leftovers into a nice crunchy breakfast treat! Great to go with a bowl of miso soup too.


Ingredients

1 bowl of cooked rice (left overs are best)
2 teaspoon soy sauce
1 egg
2 teaspoon of Panko breadcrumbs
2 teaspoon of Furikake rice flavouring (alternatively you can use dried seaweed and toasted sesame seeds)
Oil to grease pan
Softened butter


Method

1) Mix all the ingredients together and stir in 1 direction till all the ingredients form a sticky paste. If the mixture is too wet, add more breadcrumbs.
2) Heat a pan to medium heat and add oil to grease pan.
3) Put 2 tablespoon of the rice mixture on the pan and flatten it with a skillet.
4) Fry for 30 seconds and the flip over to the other side.
5) After 30 seconds, brush on at thin layer of butter and flip on the other side.
6) Repeat step 5.
7) After 30 seconds, brush on a thin layer of soy suace and flip on the other side.
8) Repeat step 7.
Done!

To subscribe to my blog, please Like on our Facebook page.
To support my blog, please click on one of my sponsor's advertised links :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Stay at Home Day 9: Souffle Egg Omelette Garlic Chives Recipe

COVID-19 Stay at Home Day 8: Tomato noodles with seared pork, tofu and vegetables recipe

COVID-19 Stay-at-home Day 6: Kimchi Pork Stew Recipe