Harry's Singapore Chilli Crab

Harry's Singapore Chilli Crab is a Singaporean Seafood Restaurant located in Surry Hills close to Central Station.

I've heard fellow Singaporeans tell me of great Singapore Chilli Crab at a hidden away shop in Surry Hills. We looked up Google and found Harry's Singapore Chilli Crab. We decided to visit this place as a treat on my birthday.

We ordered a 1.1kg Singapore Chilli Crab, with less Chilli; with a side of deep fried mantou (buns). They gave us plastic bibs to prevent us from getting dirty.
  
The Singapore Chilli Crab was simply fantastic. It did live up to its authenticity. It did bring me back to a typical seafood restaurant in Singapore. I loved that mildly spicy tomato based sauce. I'm probably biased as I do love crab a lot. But my husband did enjoy himself too.
Singapore Chilli Crab

The  Deep Fried Mantou (buns) is a great accompaniment to go with the crab as it soaks up all the delicious gravy. The buns were hot, sweet and crisp on the outside; and very soft and fluffy on the inside.
Deep Fried Mantou (Buns)
Price
We paid just over $100 for the 2 of us, with alcohol. It's pretty average priced for a live crab dinner.

Overall
This is not your every day dinner restaurant, rather, a special occasion restaurant where the Singapore Chilli Crab is what you are really after. 

To all my fellow bloggers and reviewers who have noted the following:
  1. Overpriced crabs. Yes, live crabs are sold by the weight in any Chinese Restaurant. Most live seafood is. And don't compare a restaurant with a market (fish market). The wait staff did inform us about the price per kilo and the weight of the crab. You can always ask for a crab around a certain desired weight - they will get one close to that weight for you and even double check with you. If you can't do the math, ask them how much it costs. There's usually a cooking fees too. You can still say no up till when they confirm the crab with you. This is one thing being too polite by not asking gets you into hot soup. Live mud crab is not cheap in the first place.
  2. Taste like food court food. Please tell me where I can find Singapore Chilli Crab in a Sydney Food court. I'll be very interested to visit one. If you are comparing it with a food court in Singapore, think about all the other Singaporean food in Sydney which we have to go to a restaurant and pay $10 instead of $4 in Singapore; or even in a Sydney food court, we don't pay $4.
To subscribe to my blog, please Like on our Facebook page.
To support my blog, please click on one of my sponsor's advertised links :)

Harry's Singapore Chilli Crab Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Stay at Home Day 9: Souffle Egg Omelette Garlic Chives Recipe

COVID-19 Stay at Home Day 8: Tomato noodles with seared pork, tofu and vegetables recipe

COVID-19 Stay-at-home Day 6: Kimchi Pork Stew Recipe